These conditions apply for the booking of any function, meeting or party at West Herts Golf Club
Reservations - Provisional and ConfirmedReservations will be regarded as provisional until such time as a signed copy of the Terms and Conditions and the required deposit has been received by the Club. The Club reserves the right to release a provisional booking in the absence of receipt of these items within the agreed timescale.
Cancellation by the clientThe following cancellation charges apply to any confirmed room hire, food, drink and additional charges:
- Cancellation within 60 days - 25% of quoted charges
- Cancellation within 30 days - 50% of quoted charges
- Cancellation less than 14 days - full quoted charge.
- In the event of the club being able to re-let the facilities for similar revenue, no charge will be made.
Alteration to catering numbersApproximate numbers for any function involving the preparation and service of food should be advised by the client at least 15 days prior to the event.
Final numbers are required at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the function. The numbers advised at this time will form the basis of the final account unless the Club is able to accommodate any requested additions to the final numbers.
Terms of PaymentA reservation for a social function, including dinners and parties, requires a deposit of £100 on booking.
Payments by credit card will incur a 2% service charge.
Food and Drink Brought onto the PremisesNo food, other than wedding or birthday cake, is to be brought into the Club by clients hiring the Club facilities.
Any drink brought into the Club will be subject to the corkage charge of £7.50 per bottle.
Dress CodeAll functions must comply with the current dress regulations for the Club, unless given the express authority of the Captain.
Damage to Club premises or contentsThe client, in accepting these terms and conditions, assumes responsibility for any and all damage caused by them or any member of their party, whether in the Clubhouse or in any other part of the grounds.
Food DisclaimerThe client acknowledges that West Herts Golf Club cannot accept any liability for any food taken off the premises.
Non-Member FunctionsFor any function which is not booked by a member of the Club for his or herself or for their immediate family the Club may, at its discretion, employ a member of door staff, the cost of which will be included in the charges to be paid in advance for the function.
Member FunctionsDepending on the type of function, member functions may, at the management’s discretion, be advised that a member of door staff will need to be employed for the evening by the Club, to be paid for by the member. If this is deemed not to be required, the member must take responsibility for their guests, is expected to stay for the entire function and resolve any issues that may occur.
Discos or Live BandsAny disco or live band booked by the client must adhere to the conditions on the Club’s licence. All equipment must be PAT tested.
Cancellation by West Herts Golf ClubThe Club reserves the right to cancel or amend any reservation:
- If the Club, or any part of it, is closed due to fire, natural disaster, employee dispute, alteration, demolition, decoration or by order of any public authority.
- If the client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- If the client is more than 30 days in arrears with any payment due to the Club.
- If the reservation, in the Club's opinion, is found to be potentially detrimental to the reputation of the Club
- If inclement weather prevents the playing of golf which is an integral part of the booking. In this event the club will refund any deposit made in respect of the booking, but will have no further liability to the client.