Information for golf society organisers
Booking your society day, costs & payment
Thank you for provisionally booking a society day at West Herts Golf Club! Details of the Golf packages and extras available, costs and menu options are shown on the 'Society Booking Form' and menu choice which are enclosed.
To confirm your booking you must return the 'Society Booking Form', a deposit of £100 and a signed copy of the 'Agreement to Booking Conditions' within 21 days.
Society accounts are required to be settled on the day and invoices are available from the bar following your game of golf. Payments may be made in cash, by a Single Company or Personal cheque, or by Credit/Debit card.
Any West Herts Golf Club 'Playing' member in your Society will be charged for the food aspect only.
Please notify the Society Coordinator 48 hours before arrival of actual numbers for golf and catering. In the event of numbers being fewer, the Society will be charged for number notified. Before commencing play the Society Organiser must re- confirm numbers.
3 Ball Stableford or Fourball Greensomes only, unless previously arranged with the office.
- All guests will play from the yellow tees, which are eligible for handicap purposes.
- Societies are not permitted to play before 8.30 am.
- All members of your party must be conversant with the etiquette of the game and possess bona fide club or society handicaps. Under no circumstances are beginners allowed to use the course.
- Wide wheel trolleys, which are the only type permitted on the course, are available for hire from the Pro Shop.
- Buggies are also available for hire from the Pro Shop.
- Players must be on the tee, ready to start at the agreed time, morning and afternoon.
- Slow play is to be avoided and no round should last longer than 4 hours. To enable this to be achieved:
- Please pick up when unable to score.
- Please play a provisional ball if there is any doubt over finding the first ball.
- Please allow faster players to come through if they are being held up.
Please indicate on the menu which meal you would like to have on the day and return it to us at least 48 hours prior to your visit.
The use of mobile phones is not permitted within the Clubhouse or on the Course.
Please note the attached Dress Regulations, which to avoid embarrassment on the day must be adhered to by all Guests, so please pass a copy to all members of your society.
- Course planners are available through the Club Professional.
- A long driving and nearest the pin competition can be arranged through the Office on recommended holes.
- By prior arrangement with the General Manager, Companies may display banners on the course or fly their Company flag from the Club’s flagpole.
The Club accepts no responsibility for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever occurring to any person or equipment whilst visiting West Herts Golf Club.
Professional's Shop (Tel: 01923 236866). Full pro-shop facilities are provided at West Herts under the stewardship of Charles Gough. As well as trolleys, buggies are available; however, it is recommended that buggies are pre-booked by phone beforehand.
Casual Dress must conform to the following standards:
Clean and neat, comprising of a shirt with a collar, turtle neck or roll-neck with sleeves. NOT ROUND NECK (I.E. T-SHIRT CUT). A sweater and tailored slacks or shorts.
NOTE: Shirts with slogans (not logos), denim jeans, tracksuit tops/bottoms, cargo trousers/shorts, rainwear and fleeces ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
No hats or caps to be worn indoors.
All shirts must be tucked in unless they are square cut casual shirts, appropriate foot wear must be worn, the wearing of socks is optional.
Casual dress as defined above.
Lounge and Dining Room
Casual dress as defined above, in addition please note:
Shorts are not permitted after 7.00 pm.
Golf apparel may be worn before play, but, players must change after play.
After 7.00 pm formal dress as defined must be worn.
Formal Dress must conform to the following standards:
Jacket, collar and tie or roll-neck sweater & tailored slacks.
Dress as defined for the course including golf shoes.
Footwear Golf shoes or trainers are not permitted in the Clubhouse.
On the Course
Clean, neat and comprising a shirt with a collar and sleeves or turtle neck, or roll-neck sweater, (round neck t-shirts are not acceptable) and tailored slacks. Tailored knee length shorts with sport socks. There are no regulations regarding the length or colour of socks.
All proprietary golf wear produced specifically for the purpose of playing golf is acceptable.
Golf shoes must be worn.
Trainers and non-golfing shoes are not permitted.
All players must have their own golf equipment and sharing of Clubs is prohibited.
Men may NOT wear shirts without sleeves or with a slogan (not logos), denim jeans, cargo trousers/shorts, tracksuit tops/ bottoms.
Shirts must NOT be removed at any time.
Peaked caps must NOT be worn back to front.
Please quote your society name as the transaction reference.